MAC Agent Installation
This article will outline the process of installing MAC computers on the ThreatLocker platform.
- To start, you will need to create a Computer Group for MACs, as outlined here:
- Continue by downloading the ThreatLocker MAC Agent from the ThreatLocker Portal.
- Navigate to the Computers Page. Click the ‘Install New Computer’ button.
- The PKG Installer will be located in the RMM and Script Deployment Window.
- You will be Prompted to allow notifications from the ThreatLocker UIAgent.
- Select ‘ALLOW’.
- After opening the MAC PKG file that was downloaded from the Computers Page, a window will pop up.
- A pop up will appear, stating: ‘System Extension Blocked’.
- Click on ‘Open System Settings’.
- Privacy and Security settings will appear, giving you the option to ‘Allow’ ThreatLocker.
- You will then be prompted to allow the following: “ThreatLocker” Would Like to Filter Network Content.
- Click ‘Allow’.
- You may be prompted to ‘Grant Full Disk Access’ per the following screenshot below.
- If you are running an older MAC Agent Version, you may be asked to enter your Group Key for the corresponding MAC Group which you created. The Group Key can be found in the name of the downloaded PKG Installer. For more assistance finding your Group Key, see MAC Agent Group Key Location | ThreatLocker Help Center (kb.help) .
- After adding the group key and clicking ‘Enter’, the following notifications will appear:
- Upon clicking on the above notifications, a separate window will appear which allows you to confirm that both ‘ThreatLocker’ and ‘ThreatLocker, Inc.’ are enabled. If they are not automatically enabled, you can manually toggle them on to enable them.
- Once those Login Items are confirmed as enabled, your MAC should check in to the portal and log policy activity appropriately.
Important: for Cyber Heroes must be set to Read Only for organizations that are participating in the Mac Agent beta testing.
Did this answer your question?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
%s of people found this helpful.