ThreatLocker Supported OS Builds
Minimum System Requirements
- CPU: Two cores are required. Expected normal usage is less than 1% with occasional small spikes. Baselining will use up to a full core.
- .NET 4.5.1
- 1Gb+ of hard drive space
- RAM: 2GB. Expected normal usage is 200-600MB
- See below for the complete list of supported Operating Systems
ThreatLocker does not support ARM processors.
Supported Windows Workstation Builds
- Windows 11 - All Versions
- Windows 10 – All Versions
- Windows 8.1 & 8 – All Versions
- Windows 7 – Fully Patched
Supported Windows Server Builds
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2 – Fully Patched
- Windows Server 2008 – Fully Patched
- 1GB+ of hard drive space
- Intel CPU
- Apple Silicon
Supported Macintosh Workstation Builds
- macOS Monterey 12.6.2 and higher are fully supported.
Note: ThreatLocker may work on older versions than 12.6.2, but we are unable to test at this time.
Patches for Windows 07 and 08:
These specific patches are required to operate, as a minimum, and we recommend fully patched versions for best performance:
- ThreatLocker requires KB4490628 for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Windows 7 SP1 and
- KB4474419 for Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008.
Please note that the Application Team does their best to capture the Windows Insider Builds for our clients' convenience, but we can’t guarantee that we will catch each update. This is due to two main factors: the frequency of updates of Insider Builds and the fact that updates may be deployed under varying circumstances. Thus, Insider Builds are not considered fully supported by ThreatLocker.