Note: For organizations deploying to a large amount of endpoints, ThreatLocker recommends using a staggered deployment approach. Organizations that deploy to a large number of endpoints at once may experience increased bandwidth usage as Windows Core and application definitions are downloaded to each endpoint. QOS can be used to limit bandwidth to corecdn.threatlocker.com and apps.threatlocker.com
You may view this article in your web browser, here.
The following steps will guide you in deploying ThreatLocker to your clients via N-able RMM.
Creating the Deployment Script
- Get the latest deployment script for N-able from the Deploy Agents section of the Deployment Center in the ThreatLocker Portal.
- Login into your N-able RMM dashboard.
- Select Settings > Script Manager.
- Select New.
- Input a Name and Description.
- Check the "Automated Task" and "Windows" check boxes.
- Browse to the .amp file you have downloaded and select Save.
For Each Client in N-able RMM:
Unfortunately, you cannot pass the client name into a script in N-able RMM, so you will need to create a task for each client.
- Right-Click the client.
- Select Task > Add.
- Search for ThreatLocker
- Select the relevant script.
- Select Next.
- Check both Servers and Workstations, then select Next.
Input a Descriptive Name, your ThreatLocker Unique Identifier, and the Client Name.
The Client Name will be your Identifier in the ThreatLocker Portal. If you are deploying into an existing ThreatLocker Organization, be sure to set the Client Name to match your Identifier as highlighted in the screenshot below.
- Once you have input your Descriptive Name and both Script Parameters, select Next.
The ThreatLocker Unique Identifer can be found in the ThreatLocker Portal by navigating to the Computers page, and selecting the "Install New Computer" button. The unique identifier is located at the top of the page. For more information, please refer to our article, How to Find Your Unique Identifier.
- Change the "Select Frequency Method" dropdown to "Once Per Day" or "Once per Month".
The default selections are fine on the following page shown below. You may update them if you wish to do so.
- Select Next.
- Check all the devices shown in the list, then select "Add Task".