Deploying ThreatLocker with N-able RMM
You may view this article in your web browser, here.
The following steps will guide you in deploying ThreatLocker to your clients via N-able RMM.
Creating the Deployment Script
- Download the latest deployment script here. This contains a .amp file within a zip folder.
- Login into your N-able RMM dashboard.
- Select Settings > Script Manager.
- Select New.
- Input a Name and Description.
- Check the "Automated Task" and "Windows" check boxes.
- Browse to the .amp file you have downloaded and select Save.
For Each Client in N-able RMM:
Unfortunately, you cannot pass the client name into a script in N-able RMM, so you will need to create a task for each client.
- Right-Click the client.
- Select Task > Add.
- Search for ThreatLocker
- Select the relevant script.
- Select Next.
- Check both Servers and Workstations, then select Next.
Input a Descriptive Name, your ThreatLocker Unique Identifier, and the Client Name.
The Client Name will be your Identifier in the ThreatLocker Portal. If you are deploying into an existing ThreatLocker Organization, be sure to set the Client Name to match your Identifier as highlighted in the screenshot below.
- Once you have input your Descriptive Name and both Script Parameters, select Next.
The ThreatLocker Unique Identifer can be found in the ThreatLocker Portal by navigating to the Computers page, and selecting the "Install New Computer" button. The unique identifier is located at the top of the page. For more information, please refer to our article, How to Find Your Unique Identifier.
- Change the "Select Frequency Method" dropdown to "On Check Failure".
- Change the "When Check Fails" dropdown to "Windows Service Check".
- In the "Service Name" box, type in "ThreatLockerService".
- Once you have inputted "ThreatLockerService" into the "Service Name" box, select Next.
The default selections are fine on the following page shown below. You may update them if you wish to do so.
- Select Next.
- Check all the devices shown in the list, then select "Add Task".